Thursday 31 August 2017

Arriverderci Roma, Bonjour Paris

Saturday 8 July 2017 - Usual tidy up, leave the key inside, bang the door. Metro to Termini, Leonardo train to airport. Here's a great sight, a shiny 3-wheeler full of Lemoncello.

Nice flight, here's a towering cumulus we skirted tactfully around.

Not sure where I am at this point, but I would say it's descending coming into Paris. Still a way to go, but clearly not at 35,000 feet.

There were delays getting into my Paris apartment, so not much more to say for today. I went to one of my favourite places for dinner, and it didn't disappoint.


Sunday 9 July 2017 - Just a walk around today, including looking at shops. Security is everywhere. Bags are checked entering the Les Halles shopping mall - once in, there was additional security entering one of my favourite shops, FNAC. I find it amusing that no one's interested in checking your bags as you leave these days!

And I found something very special right in the heart of Paris. I have always wanted to go to an Ikea shop in Europe - just to see the design influence. I didn't make it to Ikea, but this is the French equivalent, just opposite the northern end of the Pompidou, Leroy Merlin. Floors and floors of everything you could need for the home, including rebuilding it.

Spotted this light fitting in there and did a double-take. Not sure of the origin.