Sunday 13 August 2017

Latereto for lunch

Tuesday 27 June 2017 - Had a sleep-in this morning and then did emails, banking, etc. At lunchtime, I wandered up the road to our nearest village, Latereto. One of the things we noticed about Tuscany was the plethora of street signs. And in Europe, there's always a blue van gets in my photos.

This stack of signs confronts the driver arriving in Latereto. Then just over the rise, you get this lot.

Given the heat we experienced, the snow warnings amused us though. Here's a view of the village (it's very small).

And I had lunch at the Casa Vacanze Le Fornaci.

I sat outside in a nice covered area looking out on the countryside. It was very pleasant with good food and wine. Very personal service (I was the only one there!).

Here's a view of our villa on the walk back home.