Monday 7 August 2017

Anghiari, Busatti, and chef's night

Wednesday 21 June 2017 - Tonight, we have a local chef coming to the villa to cook for us. But first, it's off to a charming hilltop village, Anghiari.

Anghiari is home to the famous weavers, Busatti (founded 1842). Sorry no photos, but some made purchases. Several. Even for me, it was a great visit to their shop. You can see more here, www.busatti.com (no, I receive no commission).

It's a lovely village with steep winding streets. We had lunch here and wandered around for a bit.


Then it was home for a swim before dinner. Here's the pre-dinner drinks. I'm saving the food details for my food page - a coming attraction on this site. It was a fabulous meal, and I think we were all stonkered by the end. The chef and his assistant (his wife?) were delightful, but kept very much in the background.