Thursday 6 July 2017

Yesterday, 04 July 2017

On my first visit here, I was fascinated by the graffiti on the trains. Now there are many new trains, mostly untouched by the spray-can, but I managed to catch this snap of an older one.

Had an early start (0900) to use my ticket for the Colosseum which was valid for 2 days and included the Forum and Palatino. I've done those before, but it was good having a second look and poking around to see things new to me. It's a vast area - I spent a whole day there last time and didn't see it all. Here's a pano of the Forum:
They've taken to placing works of modern art among the ruins. I can kinda see how this was someone's bright vision one day, but I just don't think it works.
The bear makes a comment...

Here's the crowds heading for the exit, later that same day...
Went 'home' for a rest (legs sore), then had lunch at a place just around the block (there's a lot of them!).
Went out again, and came across the Spanish Steps, just 'cause I was in the area. It puzzles me why this is such a big deal - just a bunch of steps. Of course, the Bernini fountain below is well worth a pilgrimage.
This view of the steps may seem a little odd, but it's really a photo of the adjacent building which has a significance for me. I'll tell you about it when I'm home.
In transit, I observed the queue for a taxi at Termini train station, just the middle of the afternoon.
And here's the queue of horses waiting for passengers at the Spanish Steps.
Just needs a marketing person to bring the two together, I reckon. You know, the old supply and demand thang.