Tuesday 18 July 2017

On the way home...

Phew, seems like I just left Paris a while ago, but it was early Sunday morning Paris time. Now it's 0026 Tuesday 18 July 2017 and I'm in Shanghai. Can't go to bed yet because I've just had dinner - have been out sight-seeing.

But first, before I give you some pictures of that, here's a "Where am I?" question:
After recovering from the flight and subsequent formalities, doing some emails, etc, it was time to go for a look-see. It's summer here, very hot and humid, but it starts to get dark around 1800. Quite a contrast with Paris where it was still daylight at 2200.
This is a view from the Bund showing the delights of the Financial District. Here's a view from floor 94 of the building dubbed the bottle opener, actually it's the SWFC Building, whatever the heck that is - the bit of paper in front of me doesn't explain.
And looking back at the bottle opener, but still on the Financial District side of the river.
The building on the right with the spiral message going up (or down, depending on where you are, I guess) is the newest skyscraper and tallest, I believe.