Sunday 17 September 2017

A walk and a dance

Saturday 15 July 2017 - Last day in Paris. Here is a view from one of the windows of my apartment.

From the window by the lift I could look down on the Anne Frank park, so today I went down there and wrote in my diary!

Practical stuff today, sending off the Colissimo box, packing, and test weighing my bags. Headed to Montorgueil for lunch. There are several 'passages' in Paris, and this is one of my favourties, it being in 'my' area. There are some wonderful small shops in here.

After a wee zzz, it was off to a modern dance, called Drumming Live, set to music by Steve Reich. First a shot, or two, of the ornate metro station at Bastille.

Nice to get the the July Column (Colonne de Juillet) with Auguste Dumont's Génie de la Liberté (the 'Spirit of Freedom' gilded statue in the background.

Here's the modern opera house, Opera Bastille. I have an interesting memory of those steps (story for another day).

Inside, there are several modern sculptures. This one caught my eye because it looks like the characters in the Stravinsky fountain, but I was unable to find out who the artist was.

Although this venue is often criticised, I thought it was rather splendid.

View of the stage from my seat.

The work was, shall I say, interesting.